We all know how much we love our dogs but how much do we really know about them? Take the Gencon fun trivia quiz to find out!
1. What was the most popular name we chose for our pooches last year?
C! Gone are the days of classic doggie names! We’re bringing in a new era of edgy, chic names!
2. Which famous cartoon dog has a best friend called Shaggy?
a) Scooby Doo
c) Santa’s Little Helper
A! Who could forget the infamous pairing of Scooby and Shaggy? They’ve been entertaining us since 1969.
3. Dalmatians are born with spots… is this true or false?
Believe it or not, this is false! Dalmatians puppies are born completely white and it’s not until they’re a little older that their famous spots begin to show.
4. Which breed is the most popular in the UK?
b) Labrador Retriever
B! The Labrador retriever has been a firm favourite of the British public for many years, but last year 500,000 faithful Labs were recorded as being micro-chipped.
5. The worlds fastest dog is the Greyhound, but just how fast can they run?
a) 45 mph
b) 30 mph
c) 80 mph
A! The Greyhound can run at an amazing 45 mph, that’s nearly twice as fast as Usain Bolt!
6. The breed that has won Crufts the most amount of times is the English Springer Spaniel, but how many times has one of these firm favourites won?
C! That’s right, the English Springer Spaniel has won the world famous dog show an amazing 7 times since the Best in Show prize was introduced in 1928.
7. It’s a well known fact that bloodhounds have an amazing sense of smell, but is it true or false that they can smell scents that are over 300 hours old?
True! Bloodhounds really do live up to their reputation as dogs with the best noses!
8. The USA has the biggest dog population! But how many pooches call America their home?
a) 20 million
b) 75 million
B! America is home to so many of our furry friends! It’s beats Brazil who is home to 40 million dogs! The UK, however, has 9 million doggie residents.
9. Why do dogs chase their tails?
a) Because they’re feeling anxious
b) For exercise!
c) The might have fleas
The answer is… all of them! There’s many different reason why your pooch is chasing their tail but if they’re doing it excessively, then speak to your vet.
10. Finally, are Gencon Headcollars designed for ALL dogs?
So, how much did you know about our furry friends? Head on over to our Facebook page; GenconAllin1, Twitter; @genconallin1 or our Instagram; @gencon_allin1 and let us know how well you did! And remember to keep posting pics of your dogs using our Gencon products!