Are you worried about your dog? Trying to find tips? Here’s a list of our top tips on how to ensure your pooch stays happy and healthy!
Maintaining a good diet
- You should feed your dog a good, well-balanced diet with high quality foods and treats
- Be careful when feeding your dog human foods; there are some that can be alright for your pooch, but others are can turn out to be very, very bad. Also, feeding your dog your food can bring them into bad habits, thinking that they are always allowed to eat your food.
- If you’re wondering of what human foods your pooch can eat, here’s a great list: www.akc.org
- Always keep check of their weight so they can stay ate a healthy weight, know their ideal body weight then check with your vet regularly.
- Not that the treats that you buy in packs are unhealthy, because most of them have really good benefits such as, teeth and digestive system heath benefits, but instead try ‘snacks’ such as baby carrots or small slices of cooked sweet potatoes. Just make sure the foods are low sodium and salt is washed off.
- Give your dog a constant supply of fresh water
Grooming Your Dog
- Groom them regularly, brush them as much as you can to keep their coat shiny and if they have long hair, to make sure it doesn’t get matted
- Grooming is also a good time to check for fleas, ticks and other skin conditions
- Clip your dog’s nails, it may take some time for you dog to get used to and if you’re not sure how to properly do it, we’re sure your vet will happily help you with the process!
- Brush your dog’s teeth everyday (if you can), it’s not super necessary, but it just helps to remove any plaque or dirt, likewise what you would do. You might need to do this as soon as possible after a walk if your pooch has been eating something they’re not supposed to eat!
- Check your dog’s ears, if they have floppy ears, check them daily, otherwise check them regularly
- Clean their ears with a solution of half white vinegar and half rubbing alcohol, if you don’t have these ingredients, we’re sure you can find some solution registered online pert sore, in-store or from your vet
Also you need to make sure that your dog is getting plenty of exercise and is socialising with other dogs!
Our dog head collar would be perfect for getting plenty of exercise! One size fits all! The Gencon® All-in-1 and Headcollars are made from soft yet durable fabric and are specifically designed not to pull up into your dog’s eyes or uncomfortably turn their head, making them the perfect lead training accessories for grown dogs and puppy walking. The Gencon consists of two simple loops that apply gentle pressure when your dog pulls, the lead gently but effectively stops your dog pulling forwards.
DID YOU KNOW?
The Gencon dog head collar is recommenced by The Guild of Dog Trainers.